Coenzyme Q10, a vitamin-like substance, is a key element in the production of vital energy. Ubiquinol is the non-oxidized form of Coenzyme Q10. A healthy person produces more than 90% of Coenzyme Q10 in its non-oxidized form (Q10H2), ubiquinol. While ubiquinone, or the oxidized form, constitutes the remaining 10%.
Ubiquinol shows strong antioxidant properties.
An important collaboration exists between ubiquinol and vitamin E in order to obtain an optimal antioxidant effect.